The Common Core State Standards are a set of English and math standards that have been adopted by California and many other states across the country. The aim of the standards is to make sure that all of our students are held to consistent expectations and will be prepared for college and a career. Having consistent standards should help all students get a good education, even if they change schools or move to a different state.
- Achieve the Core – Great Power Points with explanations of Common Core.
- Common Core Sample Assessment Questions – From the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC).
- Common Core Standards (CCSS) – Breaks down the standards by grade level as well as domain (e.g. Fractions – what you will learn in 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, etc.).
- Common Core Writing Samples – Examples of student writing by grade level.
- Edutopia – Wealth of Common Core articles and lesson plans.
- Illustrative Mathematics – Free sign up, funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, math lessons that align with Common Core Standards.
- Khan Academy Common Core aligned lessons – Best for middle and high school students, although there are a few elementary school lessons.
- Learnzillion – Free sign up for Common Core lesson plans.
- PTA - Parents Guide to Common Core State Standards – Clear, to-the-point explanations and advice that will help anyone understand the new standards.